The R|Tribe Rules
Our goal is to provide a service that allows you to discover and receive content from sources that interest you as well as to share your content with others. We respect the ownership of the content that users share and each user is responsible for the content he or she provides. Because of these principles, we do not actively monitor and will not censor user content, except in limited circumstances described below.
Content Boundaries and Use of R|TRIBE
In order to provide the R|TRIBE service and the ability to communicate and stay connected with others, there are some limitations on the type of content that can be published with R|TRIBE. These limitations comply with legal requirements and make R|TRIBE a better experience for all. We may need to change these rules from time to time and reserve the right to do so. Please check back here to see the latest.
- Impersonation: You may not impersonate others through the R|TRIBE service in a manner that does or is intended to mislead, confuse, or deceive others.
- Trademark: We reserve the right to reclaim usernames on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim or trademark on those usernames. Accounts using business names and/or logos to mislead others may be permanently suspended.
- Private information: You may not publish or post other people’s private and confidential information, such as addiction or treatment information, credit card numbers, street address or Social Security/National Identity numbers, without their express authorization and permission. You may not post intimate photos or videos that were taken or distributed without the subject’s consent.
- Violence and Threats: You may not publish or post threats of violence against others or promote violence against others.
- Copyright: We will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright infringement. Our copyright procedures are set forth in the Terms of Service.
- Unlawful Use: You may not use our service for any unlawful purposes or in furtherance of illegal activities. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- Misuse of R|TRIBE Badges: You may not use badges, such as but not limited to the Promoted or Verified R|TRIBE badge, unless provided by R|TRIBE. Accounts using these badges as part of profile photos, header photos, background images, or in a way that falsely implies affiliation with R|TRIBE may be suspended.
Abuse and Spam
R|TRIBE strives to protect its users from abuse and spam. User abuse and technical abuse are not tolerated on R|TRIBE.com, and may result in permanent suspension. Any accounts engaging in the activities specified below may be subject to permanent suspension.
- Serial Accounts: You may not create multiple accounts for disruptive or abusive purposes, or with overlapping use cases. Mass account creation may result in suspension of all related accounts. Please note that any violation of the R|TRIBE Rules is cause for permanent suspension of all accounts.
- Targeted Abuse: You may not engage in targeted abuse or harassment. Some of the factors that we take into account when determining what conduct is considered to be targeted abuse or harassment are:
- if you are sending messages to a user from multiple accounts;
- if the sole purpose of your account is to send abusive messages to others;
- if the reported behavior is one-sided or includes threats
- Username Squatting: You may not engage in username squatting. Accounts that are inactive for more than six months may also be removed without further notice. Some of the factors that we take into account when determining what conduct is considered to be username squatting are:
- the number of accounts created
- creating accounts for the purpose of preventing others from using those account names
- creating accounts for the purpose of selling those accounts
- using feeds of third-party content to update and maintain accounts under the names of those third parties
- Selling usernames: You may not buy or sell R|TRIBE usernames.
- Malware/Phishing: You may not publish or link to malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another user’s browser or computer or to compromise a user’s privacy.
- Spam: You may not use the R|TRIBE service for the purpose of spamming anyone. What constitutes “spamming” will evolve as we respond to new tricks and tactics by spammers. Some of the factors that we take into account when determining what conduct is considered to be spamming are:
- If your updates consist mainly of links, and not personal updates;
- If a large number of people are blocking you;
- If a large number of spam complaints have been filed against you;
- If you post duplicate content over multiple accounts or multiple duplicate updates on one account;
- If you repeatedly create false or misleading content;
- If you repeatedly post other users’ account information as your own (bio, url, etc.);
- If you post misleading links (e.g. affiliate links, links to malware/click jacking pages, etc.);
- Creating misleading accounts or account interactions;
- Graphic Content: You may not use pornographic or excessively violent media in your profile image, header image, or background image.
Your account may be suspended for Terms of Service violations if any of the above is true. Accounts created to replace suspended accounts will be permanently suspended.
Accounts engaging in any of these behaviors may be investigated for abuse. Accounts under investigation may be removed from the Services for quality. R|TRIBE reserves the right to immediately terminate your account without further notice in the event that, in its judgment, you violate these Rules or the Terms of Service.
We may revise these Rules from time to time; the most current version will always be at https://rtribe.org//rules.