Try Connecting in a New Way
When it comes to recovery from a porn or sex addiction the focus is often on what’s unhealthy. For sure, we want rTribe to be a place where you can learn how to stop destructive behaviors. But, we don’t want to stop there. We want to help you learn to replace those destructive behaviors with positive ones, like developing more intimacy and connection in your life.
To start, remember the end goal of a date is not to have sex but to build a relationship with someone. Here are some fun and deep questions to take with you on your next date. They will help you understand more about the person you’re out with, and potentially yourself:
- If you could have anyone in the world be a dinner guest, who would it be?
- What do you consider the greatest accomplishment in your life?
- What is the last song you sung out loud to someone?
- What are you most grateful for in your life right now?
- While growing up what is the thing you would most want to change or be different?
- If you could wake up tomorrow with one additional quality or ability, what would it be?
- If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?
- What is your most treasured memory of the last year? Of all time?
- What should I know about you that I’d never think to ask about?
Create a to-do to read these questions again in rTribe and set the reminder to go off right before or during your next date night. Good luck!
Until next time…